With the holiday season quickly approaching, we wanted to touch base on some safety tips to keep you and yours safe in the event you conduct any e-commerce shopping. (This includes: Buy/Sell/Trade sites through social media, Craigslist, and the like) We have put together a list of tips/tricks to help these transactions go smoothly.
Online Buying/Selling Tips:
- Deal with local buyers and sellers.
- Don’t give out personal of financial information.
- Be leery of money orders, cashier checks, etc. – these are very easy to forge.
- Meet during daylight hours and bring a buddy if possible.
- Meet at a designated “Exchange Zone” or at your local Police Department.
- Keep your cell phone with you.
- Don’t hand over the item until you have cash in hand. Check large bills with a counterfeit detector pen.
- If the item being sold has a significant value – meet inside a bank where you can deposit money before leaving – you’re less likely to be robbed.
- If something feels strange, stop the transaction – go with your gut!
Remember-Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & SnapChat to stay in the know!